Friday, September 19, 2008

Caitlyn's First Haircut

I had Caitlyn's hair cut today. For a long time I didn't really know what to do with her hair and everybody just said let it grow. That's what I've done for the last 3 1/2 years. Last week I was looking at though and thinking that I need to do something. It just looks scraggly sometimes. She has curly hair and so if I don't put Mousse in by the end of the day it doesn't look good. It was short on the sides and long in the back. It is also pretty fine and so it doesn't hold a curl and I didn't know if she has the right hair to grow it long. I decided that I needed to cut all one length. So today was the day. I had my friend Shelly do it. I am really happy with it. It will be an adjustment because I can't really do ponytails but it will be fine. The curl in it looks a lot better too. Here are some pictures from the cut. I think she didn't really know what was going on. She just sat really still in the chair. I talked to her about it to prepare her so she wouldn't freak out. Now it will grow out and be even so I am excited.



Here are a couple of pictures that were on my camera. It doesn't rain a lot in Vegas so we had to take advantage of the rain we received this one afternoon.
Elsa is so dang cute and silly. She was standing on the chair playing the piano.

5 comments:

Christa said...

How cute... I can't wait until my little girl's hair is even long enough to put in a barrette or pony!

Angela said...

Congrats Caitlyn on your first haircut. It looks cute. Elsa you are so dang cute playing the piano. I wish it would rain here we need it.

Elizabeth J. said...

Her hair looks way cute. I have cut Megan's hair several times. Each time it grows in thicker and healthier, so I am all for it!! I do want it to be long, but really, baby hair is just so thin...anyway, way to take the plunge!

Liz Prisbrey said...

I love it! She looks just like you in those first two pictures. I think she is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Caitlyn I love your cute haircut. You look just beautiful. and little Elsa that smile just melts Nana and Papa's heart. Such cute girls.