Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Family Home Evening

So we have been trying to have FHE regularly but sometimes it is hard. It is also hard to have with a 2 year old. She doesn't listen to the lesson so sometimes I just think to myself why do we do this? I know that it is important to get in the habit now though so that it is easy when she gets older and can listen. Hoepfully she is picking up something. She usually likes the games or visual aids the best. So last night I decided to make sugar cookies that we could decorate for our activity. We do not do activities like this often so when we do I feel like a good mom. So here are a couple of pictures. Wade was in charge of Elsa and sampling our work.


This is my battle wound from baking the cookies. We have these plastic covers for our stove knobs and one of them fell off into the bottom of the oven so I had to grab it fast because they melt. I grabbed the oven mit ( I had to retrieve one like 5 times while I was cooking dinner last week but I had a long sleeve shirt on so the oven mit worked great) but forgot about the other part of my arm and I touched the oven rack. It looks really bad but didn't really hurt thankfully.

Here is a picture I took of Elsa today being her cute self.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those kiddos are the cutest. Nana loves them. Thanks for posting some pictures... there great.

Tristen said...

That looks like fun! The battle wound looks like it hurt! Your kiddos are too cute! Oh PS We are coming down in a couple of weeks!

Angela said...

Ouch! Those kinda of burns hurt. I did that a few weeks ago but on my hand. Looks like you guys had fun. Cute Pictures!

Perry Family said...

Hey Alexis...love your blogspot. Totally know how it is with the two year old and FHE...next to impossible, but it will pay off eventually, at least that is what I tell myself!