Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend

Since I have been so bad about posting I thought I would post twice in one day.

Friday night Caitlyn and I died Easter eggs. On Thursday we went to JoAnn's to buy a Disney Princess egg dying kit. I totally did not take any pictures. I am so bad at taking pictures and I am trying to be better. Sometimes it just doesn't cross my mind. While we were dying them I went to get some hot water to put these princess things on the eggs (they didn't end up working) I was gone 2 seconds and Caitlyn spilled the orange dye on the table and spilled on my carpet. So while I start getting that cleaned up Wade comes home. For most people that would be a relief, extra hands to help but for me it was bad timing. For those of you who don't know I have to move the van everyday so Wade can pull his car in our garage. We have a one car garage and my van doesn't fit in it and we can't park on our street, so most of the time I move it for him. So I had to get the kids into the van, I couldn't leave them unattended around the egg dye and Elsa would have crawled right where the orange was on the carpet. Anyway so it came out of my carpet thanks to spot shot. We finished the eggs and it was bedtime. Nothing can just be simple with a 2 year old in the house.

Saturday I had to wake up and finish filling out the auction sheets for our YW camp fundraiser. We all got ready and went to the Ward Easter egg hunt and ate lunch. Once again I totally forgot the camera so we didn't get any pictures of Caitlyn but it was kind of chaotic anyway. the auction was a great success and we raised more than enough money. The ward really came through. Once we came home from that I had to tally up things from the auction while the kids took naps. Saturday was also Wade and I's 5th Wedding anniversary. It is crazy to think it has been five years. My parents came over so we could go out and celebrate without the kids. It was so nice to go on a date with with Wade. It is hard to do that when you are living on a tight budget and have kids but hopefully we can do it more often. Also with it being tax season it was nice to get to spend some time with him. He usually comes home from work and goes to bed about an hour later. Only a few weeks left until the deadline.

Sunday- We got up and went to church. The Easter bunny came and brought Caitlyn 101 Dalmatians. Everytime that she has seen it advertised on the TV she says "mommy buy that" She has been watching it as much as she can today. I got the girls dressed in their way cute Easter dresses made by my mom and we were off to church. Now we are just hanging out and will go over to my parents for dinner. It has been a pretty busy weekend but fun. I did remember to get pictures of the girls in their dresses. As you will see Caitlyn was not totally cooperative but I'll take what I can get. I will be getting professional pictures taken in the next few months for their birthdays.



Here is Elsa, while I was trying to get Caitlyn to cooperate I took one of Elsa

This was the best I could of the both of them.

This is Caitlyn after church, isn't something missing? Oh Yeah that would be the white pinafore. She got 3 different colors of crayon on it during sacrament meeting. I was not very happy. No worries though a little bleach and oxi clean and and it came out. Those are 2 things that are essential with kids.

2 comments:

Angela said...

We have not attempted to dye Easter eggs yet with Morgan and she is 6 so you are really brave. Maybe i'll try it next year. The girls looked really cute in there dresses.

Anonymous said...

The girls look really cute. Nana misses them.mzttw