Sunday, December 30, 2012

September Happenings

The only pictures I have of September are of Brook's birth.  I am sure the beginning of the month I was just in survival mode.  I was pretty uncomfortable towards the end so I just did the bare minimum of wife and mother requirements!
This is me on the morning of my induction.  We knew the baby was going to be big and I never go into labor on my own so I was happily induced.  It was two days before my due date. I went in at 6 that morning and was hooked up to the pitocin around 7.  Labor went pretty slow for the first few hours.  I got an epidural when I was at a 2 so that was nice.  It was about 10:30 am.  I didn't feel any contractions until the end.  At 12:30 pm when the nurse came in to check me I was at a 3. She thought my water had broke.  So she checked me again and then accidentally broke my water.  Once she did that labor started going faster.  My dr came in around 2 pm and I was at a 5 almost 6.  The dr asked me what I usually do at this point because she didn't know if she had time to go back to her office or if she should stay at the hospital.  I told her I usually progress quickly after I get to a 5.  She said I make her nervous that I will go fast so she decided to stay at the hospital.  At this point I was starting to feel pressure and the pain just got worse from there.  I had a really good epidural but for whatever reason towards the end I was feeling the contractions.  From 2 pm until 2:55 pm when she was born I was in a lot of pain.  The dr came in every 10 to 15 minutes and I kept progressing. She came in at one point and I was at a nine.  10 minutes later I was paging the nurse cause I was in so much pain.  The dr came in and said it is time to have this baby.  I pushed 2 or 3 times and she was out.  Everyone was guessing how big she was.  They finally weighed her and she was 9 pounds 1 ounce 20 inches long.  It  really was a good delivery compared to some of my other ones.  I felt good after.  I only had to take ibuprofen and never had to take any other pain pills.  She has been a good baby.
Here are her first pictures

The girls were super excited to meet her.  They came that night after Dinner.  My mom had flown in the night before so she watched the girls for us.

This is Brooke on the day we went home from the hospital.

This is Brooke's first bath at home.

 Here are some other snapshots of Brooke her first few days of life.

No comments: